Up on the Roof
Winter is no time to face a roof that might be leaking, buckling or ready to blow off. If you've spotted water leaks or other problems, it's time to call in the professionals and have your roof checked out. Last Call Exteriors performs thorough, detailed roof inspections and repairs, and we'll get to the root of your roof troubles.
Falls from roofs are a leading cause of construction-related accidents. Don't try climbing up yourself, because even Santa Claus can take a bad tumble from a housetop. Call an expert if you think you're experiencing one of these common roof problems.
Roof Flashing Failure
Flashing is the aluminum wrap around your roof. Tight flashing and caulking are key to a solid, leak-proof roof.
- Over time, flashing can weaken, leaving gaps in your vents for water to enter.
- Weak flashing can expose your roof to punctures and tears.
- Flashing failure will also affect your gutters and attic.
When the roof's membrane gets damaged, it causes shingles to start coming loose. Water, wind and improper installation can also cause these common shingle problems.
- Curling: The tiles' edges start to curl up, usually when the tiles wear out.
- Cracking: Split shingles are caused by cracks in the roof's membrane.
- Blistering: Improper ventilation can cause "hot spots" that lead to tile blistering.
Improper Roofing Installation
Poor roofing installation will get your roof problems started before the job is done.
- Installation problems can include over-use of materials like nails and caulking.
- It can also mean using the wrong materials for your roof type.
- Trying to get the repairs done cheaply--or attempting them yourself--will take things from bad to worse.
Water that's been standing in a pool on your roof for more than 48 hours is known as "ponding water." A pond may be a recreation spot, but it's no fun to find one on your roof.
- Debris buildup in your gutters can cause water to pool. Ask Last Call Exteriors about our professional gutter cleaning services.
- Poor drainage from heating and air-conditioning units can leave standing water.
- Ponding water will break down your roof's surface and lead to leaks.
The weather can do a number on your roof in a number of ways.
- Strong winds can pull a poorly-flashed roof off.
- Tree branches may puncture the roof when they land on it.
- Snow, hail and freezing rain often cause serious damage to all parts of your roof.
Most common roof problems can be prevented with the right maintenance.
- Clean your gutters regularly.
- Check your flashing after a severe storm or after installing new HVAC equipment.
- Have your roof professionally inspected.
Make it Last Call Exteriors
If it's been a while since you had a good, thorough inspection of your roof, or if you're worried about some problems you've spotted, there's no time like now to get a roof inspection from Last Call Exteriors.
Last Call guarantees:
- Quality workmanship by trained, licensed and bonded professionals
- Follow-up service for all our repair jobs.
- Customer satisfaction as our highest priority.
We'll check out any leaks, loose flashing or shingle problems, and make sure your roof is snug as a bug before winter hits.